Monday, March 10, 2008

Love, Compromise, and Seafood...

I just had a thought that I've never heard anybody express before. In compromising with one's mate, it's the small things that go away. You get to keep the things you like a lot (as long as your lover loves you and you express your likes adequately), but you can lose things you only like a little bit out of simple logistics. I specifically have in mind scallops. My girly hates them and I kinda like them. I don't love them though and therein lies the problem. I can't prepare them as a meal for the two of us, and if I'm cooking for myself or out at a restaurant, I'm probably not going to waste it on something I only kinda like like scallops. I'm probably going to get something I like better, like steak or shrimp. Or if she is inclined to get me a treat, it would never occur to her that scallops would be a treat, because I only kinda like them. For weird logistical reasons, I may never eat scallops again. It's weird to think about. Kinda makes me want scallops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home