Friday, March 30, 2007

Vagina Philosophica

I have an odd, abstract, philosophical question for the owners of vaginas. I was listening to Wanda Sykes doing standup yesterday and she was doing a bit about how great it would be to be able to remove and leave her pussy at home sometimes. I won't go into detail about the jokes, but it got me thinking, if you were to remove your hootie as Wanda described, what would you be removing? I have always thought of it as a container or space, but the space/container is created by the presence of a physical structure surrounding it (labia, vaginal walls, etc). Using the allegory of a cup, when you think of your vagina are you thinking of the the walls of the cup or is it the space inside? Assuming it were detachable, if you were to remove it, would you be removing the outer structure the creates the location, or would you (more abstractly) be removing the location itself? Removal is not my main interest though. The main question is this: What is your ya-ya to you on a psychological, philosophical level? Location or object?

Feel free to call me a pervert if you like, but please post your views on this. I really want to know.

2 Comments:

Blogger sibyld said...

Goddamn, John. You may have stumped me. Could it be that my "vuva" (a term cultivated in college) is a combination of both the idea of itself and it's physical structure? That one is not trancendent over the other? I cannot say that I love the idea of it over the structure of it, or vice versa. But being at heart a hedonist, my vagina is never more real or my own, than when it is being used the way it was intended. All the ways it was intended.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Okay, imagine your penis was turned outside in (not in the incredible painful way as if that operation was performed, but as if you had been born that way). And you experienced not an outside searching feeling, but an internal feeling that took up your whole lower half.
I dunno, I think of my vagina as a doorway to an incredibly thumpin' disco.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home