Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Also Sprach Zarathustra...

...and hurray for me too! Let the banners wave! Let the fanfares sound! Let the manic depressives cheer, or stay in bed and sigh, as is their wont!

I now have a blog!

I'm sure my email pals will appreciate my acquiring a real outlet for my oooooo so clever bon mots, my histrionic autocritique, my shallow and idealistic political opinions, my angry tirades on religion, society, and grammar (of all things) and my filthy fucking language, and finally leaving them alone.

So, this begs the question of content. "Well, Johnnie-boy, you have a forum to say whatever you want. Whatcha gonna say?" (Truth be told, no one has ever called me "Johnnie-boy", least of all me. I just thought it sounded suitably contemptuous.) I guess I'll start the ball rollling with an incredibly short biography.

I was born in San Diego California in the Fall (despite the lack of anything falling in SoCal) of 1969. I don't remember much about the event, but I'm pretty sure there were hippies involved. Or maybe Nixon. Those '60's were wild, man! My mother was a military nurse, and my father was an engineer for MacDonald-Douglas and occassional contractor for NASA. They were both ex-Navy, and Mom outranked Dad. I had, and still have, a sister a year older ('Irish Twins' as they say). The family moved up to Lake Grove, Oregon (suburb of Portland) in 1972. My sister and I attended Our Lady of the Lake Catholic School from 1st to 8th grade. At some point in 5th grade or so, it occurred to me that Santa did not really exist. At this point I half expected to graduate from Catholic school and go on to the 'real' school, and was rather surprised to discover that this God business didn't go the way of Santa. Santa actualy made more sense to me than God; I got presents from Santa; I never got any presents from God. After 8th grade I attended Jesuit High School. Yes, another Catholic School, all boys. My sister went to the all girls' school. The salient points of high school can be summed up as drawing, sulking, lighting fires, writing excrutiating poetry, masturbating, acting in plays, falling in love with a girl, and there was a brief encounter with some boobs in there too. The one true important event was that I discovered that I wanted to be on stage and that's all I really wanted to do with my life. On to college! I attended Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle, Washington, in the Acting Conservatory, met some folks with whom I am still friends, and some with whom I am not, and the woman that would eventually become my ex-wife. Went through college, learned a great deal, sired my son (brilliant kid, you should meet him), graduated, got divorced (and not a moment too soon), and that is when I consider that my life started. Not sure how I did it, but I was born at age 23. I'll continue this mini-biography tomorrow...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home